Simple October

Friday, October 31, 2014

Pumpkin Carving

I think the best part about being back in our hometown is having our families so close.
Because having both sets of grandparents together for carving our pumpkin, was extra special.

Now, before you think that I'm really together and planned this little party in advance, I'll let you know that I just decided yesterday morning that we needed to make this happen. I did bake cookies in the early afternoon so we could have a treat but I ran to the store for the pumpkin yesterday afternoon. Sometimes spontaneity is the best way.

I loved the boys reaction to the pumpkin. After I brought it home, I placed it on the dining room table and Favre kept saying "big, big". Then we showed them the pumpkin with the seeds & pulp still inside, Favre said, "Wow, wow, wow" over and over. It was pretty fantastic. (Incase I haven't chatted with you recently, the twins are saying more and more words.) :)

It was a magical night filled with family, treats, pumpkin carving, and my favorite homemade pumpkin spice lattes!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment